Thursday, July 28, 2011

Food and Friends

We signed up for an organic produce delivery called Backyard Produce.  You sign up for what size produce box you want, we did the medium one which equals up to 40 points.  Every fruit and vegetable has a different point value and you pick what you want delivered to equal your box's value.  It costs about $25 a week (we do about every other week) and that is about what I would pay in the grocery store or less!  The plus side is I have access to some produce I cannot buy organic at the store and it comes right to my door!  Also it is supporting local farmers as well.  I love it so far!  Here is this week's box, we got a honeydew melon, 2 mangoes, 4 peaches, 3 green peppers, 4 ears of corn and 3 cucumbers!  Yummy!


We have had some fun visitors lately.  My friend Lindsay that I taught with stopped by with Brynlee and her husband Jared  to play for a few minutes.  It is hard to believe this sweet girl is 6 months old! Isn't she a doll? Crazy hair and all!


Yesterday my Aunt Sandra came down from Salem with my cousin's wife Allyson and her 3 kids Faith 4, Benson 17 months and Davis 4 months.  It was fun watching them all interact and play together!  I don't think there has ever been that much fun in my house at once!  We attempted to get a picture of all of them at the same time but if Benson wasn't disappearing out of the view finder it was Brady!  

The best one out of six

Boys will be boys!

I weeded all the beds out front in preparation for mulch!  It took me two sessions but it was well worth it!  While weeding I found two snake eggs which I of course disposed of!  Here are the before and after pics.












No comments:

Post a Comment