Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Panthers Game and Carowinds

A few weeks ago I got to go to my first pro football game!  I really love going to football games.  There is just something about the excited energy running through a stadium in anticipation of what is going to happen and how fast a game can change within one play!  Andrew has been to few pro games, but I have not and so I had to find the perfect cute outfit to match the Carolina Panthers whom I was rooting for!  This is truly every girl's dilemma when going to a football game right?  Well it was not a problem finding it in my own closet! This is always easier (not that I had the time or $ to get decked out in a brand new outfit anyway) a cute black t-shirt and a turquoise necklace from the lovely Allison that happened to be the perfect blue hue to match the panthers .  We went to the game with our mentors in the business the Snipes and some other friends from the team.  We had seats on the third row between the 30-40 yard line!  It doesn't get much better than that! They were playing the Jacksonville Jaguars and we were up close for all the action.

Yay Panthers!
All the Ladies
And and I 
He was excited if you can't tell!
All the guys
Tackle
The Panthers won!!!
This is where I must be honest and admit that it started raining hard, right before half time and I stayed until it got bad!  Good thing I did go up because with us being at the bottom all the water ran down to the bottom and people below us were standing in 5-6 inches of water!  Most of the ladies (the non hard-core ones including me) went back to the Hilton for chit chat and appetizers for the rest of the game.  This was also nice but that darn rain!  We finished up the night going out to dinner and to a couple's house that live on the point of Lake Norman.  Their home was beautiful and we had a wonderful time!


A few weeks later we went with a lot of these same people to Carowinds!  It was a bit of a crazy trip!  We left Brady and Brolly in Shelby with the grandparents and headed to Charlotte.  I was very excited as I have always loved roller coasters and had not been to Carowinds in more than 10 years!  Come to find out I do not love them as much as memory served me.  Some of them were more rough than I liked and my head hurt and I was not that into feeling like my life might end around the next turn or upside down circle!  Andrew on the other hand rode them endlessly and also lost the key and fob to my mom's car on the first roller coaster!  Lessons learned at Carowinds only ride what you can handle and do not
put keys in a velcro pocket!  The keys were never found!

JP and Andrew ready to ride

Some of the other guys! 
Andrew and Frank being Andrew and Frank
In line for a roller coaster WOOT WOOT!



1 comment:

  1. well doesn't that necklace look cute! So glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete