Thursday, October 20, 2011

Heather P.'s Baby Shower

Heather is one of my dearest friends, and when I found out she was pregnant I knew I wanted to throw her the cutest baby shower ever!  Over a year ago she did the same for me.  She had thought of every element and detail to surprise me, and it blew me away.  I knew I wanted to do the same for her!  Many thanks to all the wonderful friends that helped pull it all off!

Every little girl at some point dreams of one day growing up to be a ballerina.  I am sure Gracie Pinho will too!  When Heather saw this picture on the front of one of the recent J. Crew catalogs while at the bakery, she fell in love with the colors and thus more inspiration for Gracie's nursery and the colors she wanted for the shower!

Other pictures from the same photo shoot, I just thought they were beautiful!

So sweet:)

Heather made these paper lanterns (so cute)

These are water colors she painted that tell  a story of a cupcake princess



Heather knew a lot of what was going on behind the scenes and even designed her own invitations; and let's be honest they are way cuter than anything I would have come up with!  We talked about doing a brunch which thus inspired the waffle theme!




Erin and Chrystina made all the waffles and helped me from getting too stressed out the morning of!  I could not wrap my head around making waffles, and they did ALL of them! Thanks so much for all your help!!!  The waffle recipe that was used belongs to Heather's Grandma Vivian!

Lots and lots of waffles!

Food ready minus waffles!

The Yumm-O waffle bar

Diaper cake and pumpkin dip!

Beautiful fruit skewers made by my friend Tonya!



Syrups were the favor.

Attached was Grandma Vivian's waffle recipe, just like the invites (Heather's Idea)







After everyone enjoyed all their yummy food we played a game with wrapping paper and baby dolls where 3 teams had to design an outfit for a mommy model and baby.  It was so much fun and had everyone laughing over the silliness but seriously stylish outfits!







Mommy 1- The Mommy with another on the way!

Mommy 2- The Stylish mommy

Mommy 3- Comfort is Key mommy

What beautiful mommies!

Heather deciding the winner was so fair;)

Next we opened gifts.  The bassinet in the picture below has held 3 generations of babies from Heather's family.  Her cousins, her and many other family members.  All of their names are on the bottom, so neat!

Heather and Gracie with all their loot!






Heather with Erin and I 

Love my Heather P.!

No comments:

Post a Comment