Thursday, September 6, 2012

June 3rd


On June 3rd our lives changed forever!  The previous nine months had definitely been a trial for me on learning how to trust God and His timing.  Sometimes I like to think I have the best plans for what the future should look like and how it should play out.  Well, I am repeatedly wrong and was my heart was quite humbled by this experience.

It started out as a normal Sunday night we were headed to a friend's house to eat dinner, when I cut my finger open badly and had a panic attack over blood.  Anyone who knows me knows I normally like gross things and can hack it pretty well.  Well not this night! Later after going home I started thinking how weird it was that I got so freaked out at the sight of blood.  Andrew had gone to an evening matinee and I proceeded to go take a pregnancy test and could not believe what I thought I was seeing!  I took another one and it was the same result!

As it slowly sank in I started to devise a plan to surprise Andrew.  We have a big chalkboard hanging in our kitchen that I like to write on and change often.  I drew this for him to find.


I had also set up and hidden the video camera to catch his reaction when he saw it!  He got home from the movie, it felt like it took forever and walked in to wash his hands at the sink right past the chalkboard...and did not see it.  Then he threw away the paper towel where the chalkboard sits right above the trash can and still didn't notice so I told him to look at my new drawing on the chalkboard.  I have to tell him this sometimes anyway as it goes unnoticed.  He looked at it and said, "cute stick people" took a step away stopped and looked again and he was like, "holy cow are you really?".  Then we were all excited and in such shock and disbelief!  

We had been trying for what felt like so long and it was so too good to be true!!!  We got pregnant very quickly with Bradford and thought we would go for two years apart, but God knew what is best for our family.  We are excited to become a family of four around February 4th!!!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats, Caroline! This is such exciting news. I love following your blog and reading about all your adventures with Bradford and Andrew. Now you'll be blogging about 4. Best wishes on all the exciting changes ahead!


    ReplyDelete