Thursday, August 19, 2010

This Week

This week has been good, it went by fast. My evenings have been pretty fun hanging out with friends and I haven't had to cook dinner all week until tonight! I have passed the time freezing casseroles, taking naps, reading and marking things off of THE LIST. I got some new knobs for the furniture I painted last week and and finished my dad's coat rack he made in 7th grade, and put up the blinds, so the room is officially DONE!!! Yesterday I went to the hospital to see our friends Matt and Shannon who just had their second a little girl named Addison! Congrats to them, she is beautiful!!! It was a little different being around a newborn this time, it got me more excited to get this show on the road. God is deeply instilling in me PATIENCE! The doctor said it could be any day but that if Baby is not here by next Thursday they will schedule me to be induced, so of course I am praying he comes before then on his own! There are so many pieces of so many loved ones in the nursery! My sister Amy made the name plaques, the night stand and dresser belonged to Andrew's sister Allison, and the rocking chair was Andrew's when he was a baby that his dad refinished for his mom. The little stool was made for Andrew by a friend of the family when he was a baby, the Noah's ark hanging was in my room growing up, and the "How to Really Love a Child" canvas beside it was given to us by the Pages which matched the room perfectly! Then my friend Sara painted the Bost Nest sign to match it. The little shelf was also in Andrew's nursery, the clock I bought at Windy Gap long before pregnancy. It is so perfect being that it is a birdhouse and has painted on there the song God bless the moon, God bless me which my mom sang to me when I was little. The picture frame was made by the Pre-K class from last year with all their finger prints, the coat rack my dad made in 7th grade wood shop class, the rocking chair my sister Beth found and gave to us, his diaper bag is from his Great Aunt Sandra and Uncle Gary, and my friend Shannon got him teddy bear with the little hat that he will wear for some infant pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment