Sunday, September 5, 2010

Becoming a Family

Gosh I don't know where to begin. This entire journey is so amazing! I was reading through Andrew's phone last night while feeding Brady and there was a conversation he had with his friend Blake. Andrew told him that Bradford is the biggest blessing he has ever received and I just started balling! It hits everyday in different ways. Friday we went to our first pediatrician appt and they came in,"So this is Bradford Bost" and I was like wow this is real, and when I called to give his name and birth date. There have just been so many ways that this new love is seeping it's way into our hearts. It has taken a few days for Brolly to get used to having a baby around. At first he was extremely curious in a hyper way and wanted to be right up in the action which of course was not going to be tolerated. Over the last day or so he has been very relaxed and is getting used to this new little creature that has authority over him.
My mom (Nana) was here from at the house with us from Wednesday until this morning and was a huge help just cooking and cleaning and helping relieve me from baby time when Andrew or I needed more sleep. This was much appreciated especially since Andrew headed back to work on Thursday. Today was the first day we have kind of been on our own and it's been a real joy having time together just the three of us. Andrew's mom (Grandma) is coming Monday to help out.
I am feeling much more myself today and have been able to do a little more each day dropping weight and getting my energy back. I am enjoying being a mommy so much and it is also nice to do some stuff around the house. It helps me to keep a sense of normalcy.
These pictures are from his first sponge bath yesterday. This was due to a case of projectile baby poop while Heather was taking newborn pictures of him. He happened to be in his birthday suit naked he had his first projectile poop incident on the guest bed that went through the blanket and duvet cover. Luckily all have recovered from this incident including Brady and his sponge bath trauma!:)

1 comment:

  1. Such a great recounting of you first week with Brady! We are so happy for all of you and so thankful you're on the mend. Brady is just precious! We love you all!
    Ed & Val

    ReplyDelete