Monday, September 20, 2010

Week 2 of Our Adventures with Brady...at the beach and more

 We had lots of friends come and visit last week.  The girls from bible study brought us an awesome rotisserie chicken dinner and then two of my friends from college brought over a Mexican dinner, they were both so good.  It has helped a ton not having to cook right now.

Brady had a doctor appointment this past Friday the 10 and are happy to announce that he reached his birth weight plus half an ounce. Our little boy is starting to fill out.

We left Saturday to go the beach for a week. I was apprehensive about the four hour car ride with a less than two week old but he did great, slept most of the way there. I could not have asked for a smoother ride. We got to spend time with my mom's whole side of the family (The Kinzie Clan). There was a lot of Mexican Train Dominoes played as well as Phase 10! We got a few hours in the sun and some of us got to enjoy the pool and ocean. I got lots of naps thanks to family members offering to watch which was never a problem and some nice evening walks on the beach. Brady got to meet his great grandmother Kinzie as well as his mommy's cousins and aunt and uncle. We also had a surprise visit from my dad's side of the family. Bradford got to meet my dad's brother and his wife, as well as my cousin Katy and her family! Needless to say it was a wonderful trip but we are happy to be home again to learn how to operate as a family of three!


1 comment: