Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Loving my life today and always

Last week I went to MOM'S (Moms Of Many Seasons) for the first time and it was great.  I am learning how to be comfortable in this new role and God has been teaching me a lot of exciting new things through it.  I had started to realized that I need to slow down and was trying to do too much running around and not taking in enough of the moment!  I would get frustrated about having to stop in the middle of doing something because I was getting very task-oriented. At MOM'S she described how some of us are like a colicky baby with God kicking and screaming and wrenching around instead of being quiet and still and settling down in our Father's arms.  God had already been piecing this together for me.  Zephaniah 3:17 says "...He will quiet you with His love...".  That hit straight home to my heart!  Ever since then my heart has been at peace and I have not been frustrated and have been able to let some things go and really didn't feel like I was doing anything that really was making a difference. Now I really take time to enjoy the little moments that I have with my son every day.  I saw that nothing is going to be forever! 

With starting to go to MOM's we are really getting into a good groove with each other, I am loving every minute of it and feel incredibly blessed!!!  Friday Andrew went to Kentucky for the weekend and Sandra came to watch Brady and hang out!  We had a great afternoon and I got to give a horseback riding lesson. The first one since June actually.  It was so much fun and I realized how much I missed it.  I had five students before and they all want to start back with me; through that God was like Caroline you are serving these little girls and sharing your love of what I have created with them.  I really truly LOVE TEACHING LESSONS, and all the details are working out for it to happen:)  Tuesday night I needed a break and went to get coffee with Becca.  Andrew happily watched Brady (such an awesome Dad/Hubbie) for me and I realized it was the first time he had watched him on his own.  I called to see how everything was going and he didn't answer his phone.  I started to panic when I realized that is actually a good sign that everything was great.  I returned home to Andrew lounging in bed with the computer  and Brady asleep beside him in bed! He had slept the whole time I was gone so precious!!! And thanks to Daddy for giving me a much needed break:)

Wednesday morning we went for a walk at 6 AM and I got him all bundled up it was cold that morning.  At first he was not too thrilled with idea, but once I assured him he would stay warm and that his hat wasn't dorky he agreed that he would be okay, and he was!



 
 Here are a few cute pics from bathtime of our little frog!

Saturday my friend Becca and her dog Otto came over to hang out and they spent the night we talked and went shopping, watched movies and ate lots of junk food.  The perfect weekend!  Brady's personality is really coming out now; specifically over the weekend, he is smiling and cooing and just wiggles with excitement when he is happy.  It is the cutest thing ever. 

Another thing I am going to now is Mommy and Me through the hospital there are moms I have met at both so that has been fun getting to know people and make new friends!

Last night we had  a babysitter for the first time!  I really wanted to head back to the business meeting and really missed it!  I found a babysitter on Sittercity.com where I used to have a profile to get jobs my self.  That is where I found Christy!  She is a freshman doing veterinary medicine and is super sweet.  It was hard leaving him with a real baby sitter but he was great as he usually is and she loves dogs.  What more could I ask for right?! haha   I kept my phone clutched between my hands IN CASE she texted me and needed anything which she didn't!  I just felt like I left a piece of my heart behind and missed him so much!  I have left him before but this was real babysitter time; so all is well that ends well:)

No comments:

Post a Comment