Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy Halloween

We had a wonderful Halloween starting with festivities this past weekend!  Amy and I drove up to Virginia with Brady Friday afternoon and ate dinner with Sandra and Gary.  Andrew came up later with Keith and we enjoyed a night in of just catching up!  Saturday we played with Little Man and then the boys headed out to play with sling shots and shoot their guns.  I partook a little bit and Bradford enjoyed walking around outside on the first truly brisk day so far this season!  He got to try out his new toboggan and mittens too.  Saturday afternoon we all just hung out then had dinner with the rest of the Virginia clan we proceeded to find out that my cousin and his wife are expecting their first baby next fall!  I am so excited for another little one to be joining the family and they now live in Greensboro so we will hopefully be seeing a lot more of this little person in the future!

Sunday we were back at home and went the early service then the boys took naps and I headed to the barn for a lesson with one of my girls.  It was a nice relaxing afternoon and the most perfect weather outside!  I was just thankful for being able to enjoy doing something I love so much!  Sunday night Frank and Heather came over for dinner and we carved pumpkins!  Heather did a traditional Jack-o-lantern face and I went for a scarecrow face.

New friends Crow and Jack!

Monday afternoon Brady and I went to the park in Greensboro for a costume party play date and picnic at the park with friends from MOPS.  We stopped by Heather's first to TRY to get a few pics of him in his costume!  His costume is of Raggedy Andy.  He would not keep the hat on so these three were the best! I have leopard ears and a tail to add to the festiveness.:)

Mom please don't put that on my me!

Not really in the mood to sit still.

Best of the bunch
Last night we went trick-or-treating with some neighbors we just met that have two small boys.  It was really fun being his first time and all!  We did not get candy at every house because us parents will be eating most of it! He loved walking down the road by himself, Mr. Independent!  We did it for about an hour and then headed back when he got cold and handed candy out at our house!  We had a fun time making memories as a family!

No comments:

Post a Comment