Friday, December 9, 2011

All things Christmas!

Last weekend Andrew went and picked out our tree and I was super excited to get all the Christmas decorations out of the attic and decorate the house!  Last year Bradford was only 3 months old so we have been excited about starting our own Christmas traditions this year with little man able to take part.  

For all of the grandparents this year we decided to do something fun and homemade.  We used Brady's feet and hands and some paint as part of our project!

The foot

Unhappy naked baby

Finished Product!


The new tradition I am most excited about is the Advent Jesse Tree.  I have other friends who did these last year, so I was over the top excited when I found out my MOP's group at church was doing a Jesse tree ornament exchange!   I signed up to make day 19 the Little town of Bethlehem and made 25 of them. This is an advent activity that goes through the lineage of Jesus from creation to His birth.  There is an ornament for everyday up until Christmas and a devotion you read pertaining to each one.  So everyday normally before bedtime we read the devotion and try and get Brady to pay attention (try!!) and then hang the ornament on the tree.  It has been a daily reminder to us of what the season is really all about!

The devotion book we are reading out of.

Our Jesse tree!

The ornaments I made.

My set of Jesse tree ornaments.  They are all so unique!

Here is a collage of some of our decorations.  Another new tradition is the Little People Nativity set out for Bradford to play with.

 


It is going to be here before you know it!

We put the tree in a new spot with only one side exposed so as to less ornaments being pulled off by little hands!

I love the smell of a live tree!

Even Bradford's room got a little decorated!  He has XS lights around his window!  They cast a nice glow!

Lights in Bradford's room!


 Instead of a traditional wreath, I opted for an idea I saw on a decorating blog to hang a picture frame and change it seasonally, and I must say I love the outcome!  It is a great POP of color.

POP!

No comments:

Post a Comment