Saturday, August 7, 2010

Friday was my 27th birthday and last one before mommyhood! Andrew and I had maternity pictures taken that night and then went to dinner at NOT Mexican but my 2nd favorite preggo place to eat Chickfila!!! He also got me a cool white watch that I love:). We have just been trying to enjoy our time together as two before we become a family of three! Last weekend we had our last baby shower thrown by my sister Kathleen and two best friends Mrs. Claire Ruth and Elizabeth Greene. We had a our families attending and it was a fun time to be had by everyone! Claire had some adorable teddy bear cupcakes made, and Elizabeth made an awesome breakfast casserole. Kathleen made fruit salad and got decorations. We got a lot of great stuff for Bradford, his pack and play, an exersaucer, jumperoo, umbrella stroller, clothes, toys, his diaper bag, and Amy made him name plaques that are going to be displayed in the nursery among other things!
Kathleen looking adorable before all of the guests arrive!
The wonderful hostesses my two best friends Elizabeth and Claire, and my younger sister Kathleen!
The adorable cupcakes Claire had made, that tasted wonderful!
My Aunt Margaret, sister Amy, Mom and I hanging out in the nursery.
Andrew and I opening gifts during the shower . Allison (Andrew's sister) came Tuesday through Thursday to visit! We went and got pedicures, and had frozen yogurt from Feeney's (another pregnant favorite) and made pizza for dinner on Tuesday. Wednesday Sydney came to stay as well and us girls went to Maxie B's for a tasty treat. We took cupcakes to Andrew at work, and grilled out a delicious dinner of chicken, steak, baked potatoes and roasted corn. Then we played a fun round of Apples to Apples and went to see Shrek 3. It was great spending time with Allison, and Sydney had me laughing so much the 24 hours she was here! Thursday I went to the doctor and she said he could come any day, I don't think it will be any time this coming week though. There were also no skipped heartbeats, which is GREAT NEWS, praise Jesus!!! Last night we went shopping for three hours returning and purchasing the last of everything for Bradford before he arrives. We also bought a video camera, which we are very excited about using to chronicle his little life! I started painting the tree mural in the nursery Thursday and finished it today! I am pretty pleased with myself I didn't know if I had the creativity to do it alone...but after looking at some online I just free-handed it. I brought Heather's idea to fruition and it turned out as I had pictured it in my head. The birds were like the ones Heather had on the shower invitation and just seem to fit perfectly!
Andrew was trying to show me support on Saturday and would come in and check on my progress of painting. His mom brought a box of stuff from high school to the house last weekend and Andrew was going through it. He came in proudly wearing all of the wrestling medals he won from high school! From what I can tell he was a pretty big deal! :) He keeps me laughing that's for sure!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love the "Brady" tree! You did a fabulous job. And your husband is not right...glad he is enjoying his high school memorabilia. Love to you all - Grandma Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahhaa....ugh, you all are adorable. And look great- pregnant or wrestling medals <3 Wow Caroline, free-hand?! Great great job!

    ReplyDelete